Final student treasures

Final exams are over and graded!  Fortunately for me, my students never leave me without some very amusing attempts at answering their questions to keep the grading from being dull.

"Clarity played a huge role in the Classical Ara [sic].  Now in musical piece, you see that there is less of something, and doesn't feel or sound as gody [gaudy, sic].  What I mean by gody, is that there is a lot of the same thing going on, like when you wear too many bows in your hair, for example.  So in the classical ara, there is no more godiness, but now clarity.  Clarity is pretty much no more gody, so like only wearing one bow in your hair, it's clear!"

Why does the Count want Cherubino sent away?  "B/c he is a playa'."

"Marcellina wants to marry Figaro because he pledged to marry her if he didn't pay some money back.  It's good that she doesn't however because she's his mother!  eeeeeeewww!"

Also, every possible mutilation of the German words "Empfindsamer Stil."

Now, if only there were a way to find humor in their written evaluations, too...sigh.  Two classes are done!  The two biggest are still to go. 

BUT!  There is good news!  After tomorrow, I will be able to say I have survived my first "year" of teaching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan