more student amusings

Death by grading: 50 quizzes, 30 musical compositions, 60 two-to-four page essays, and 25 worksheets all in one day.  I have the best mom and sister in the universe who helped me through it.  I feel a bit like superwoman.  Before I go curl up in my bed and pass out, I thought I'd share my favorite gems from the concert review essays.  There were the usual spelling errors and odd uses of terms, but these stood out in their oddity.

"It was a memorable experience, full of unusual music and unique hair styles."

"It then bacon to go all over the place and became loud."

(In the middle of a detailed description of Liszt's Dante Symphony) "PIZZICATO FROM THHE VIOLAS!  I don't know why that made me so excited but it was important in my notes."

"It was also al dente and I can't read some of my notes because it was dark and I can't write in the dark because I cannot see."

"The piece was a bit high-pitched, and, as its title might suggest [Little Potato], very strange.  It seemed to describe an infant, who somehow resembles a potato (or perhaps the infant's cognitive ability is similar to that of a potato).  It described the simplicity of this potato-child's perception of its surroundings, and the potato-child's innocence and naivete, from the perspective of its parent (or perhaps a potato farmer who has hit his head a bit too hard).  The general tone of this piece was a bit unsettling.  It was sung in the childish, condescending tone that parents often use towards their children, and the keyboard was played on a  high-pitched and childish setting, reminding me of those frightful children's television programs of my early childhood.  It would seem, though, that the composer's intention was to express the joy of fatherhood, rather than to disturb me on a deep psychological level."

At least moments like this bring enough laughter to keep me plowing through the rest of the papers.

Goodnight!

Comments

  1. bahahaha! i want to hear the potato song. i'm imagining something twilight zone-ish and i'm going to assume that's NOT how it sounded! this makes me want to be a music teacher now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan