An Enchantingly Eventful Easter

I'm into alliteration recently. Besides my own current penchant, however, if you continue reading there will be a little more explanation as to the abundance of E's in the title of this post.

This whole weekend has been wonderful fun, which has kept me from blogging. As much as I would like to stick to the idea of blogging every day, real life is much more important than the internet facsimile, so I chose live interaction (and sleep). I had so much fun, though, that now the blog is going to run a little long just so I can share all my enjoyment with you! Luck you.

Friday night I went and saw Judy: The Musical for two reasons. 1) my friend Rebecca was in the cast. 2) It was starring Paige O'Hara, the voice of Belle in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Belle is far and away my favorite Disney princess, so I couldn't pass it up. (3 reasons - it counts for concert attendance credit!) It appears that time changes things, so we listened to the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack in the car afterward to remember Paige as she was. Becca was definitely the best part of the show!

Following the show was a night of lots of loud laughter at IHOP with the best people ever (Becca, 2 of her friends, Drew, Marc, Austin, and J.D.). It was fabulous, my face hurt from laughing so much. At some point we began assigning people a character in Harry Potter, and I ended up as Luna Lovegood. I'm delighted, but I don't think I've ever been compared to her before. Then we just had to go watch Harry Potter movies, and I fell asleep on the couch, woke to three boys in my face saying "Doooooooooood" in high squeaky voices, and somehow managed to get home from south Chandler and into my bed by 4 am.

Saturday after work, I went to an "E" themed party, just in time for Easter. We colored eggs, of course. After several attempts, Drew came up with a great Batman egg. My coolest one looks like the earth. My most embarassing was an attempt at a Her Hee egg, only I wasn't paying much attention and it came out as a Her Her egg. Whoops. My contribution to the party was Eleven cookies, with Extra for Everyone Else, as well as some Exuberance and Enthusiasm. Drew brought his Elegant outfit, some Envelopes, his Ego, and some book that started with E. I don't know who else contributed, but it was much fun with new people.















After the egg adventures, I joined a few other girls for the Mesa Temple's Easter pageant. There were thousands of people there, I was astonished! We were way in the back, but it was quite enjoyable, and a beautiful presentation of the Easter story.

This morning, our church transitioned to two services, which somehow delightfully translated into a lot of extra help in my pre-k class! Instead of two teachers vs. 12 little ones, we had 5 or 6 teachers with 15ish kids. I did have my first encounter with blood in the classroom, though, when one little boy came up to me with his mouth full of blood from a sudden bloody nose (that just happened to coincide with him getting bumped by another child, and I feared the worst till I realized he wasn't hurting at all). Several bright red paper towels later and all was restored to order. Despite half of the kids probably being hyped up on Easter candy, the class was polite and orderly and overall one of the better days we've had in there - especially with so many kids! I adore them all so much.

Service was especially moving today. I love Easter - it's the day everything changed. Christ coming back from the grave is what my entire life is about. Without His resurrection, my beliefs are a joke. Because of His resurrection, my life is eternal. Despite my sins and my shame and my habit of screwing up, He loves me and wants me. I couldn't stop crying all through worship, overwhelmed by the love and forgiveness of my Savior.

After lunch and a nap in the sunshine, the wind picked up and Daddy and I went to the park to fly a kite. I LOVE kites. I [now] keep a kite in my trunk, because it always seems to get windy when I don't have a kite around, and I want to be prepared when the opportunity arises. So next time it's windy and you have free time, come find me. :)

There's something so childish about kites, something delightful about being grounded on earth and playing with something on a string in the sky. And this was a cool kite! It's Macaw shaped instead of paraglider shaped like every kite I've ever flown. Dad was laughing as he was taking pictures, commenting dramatically on the "look of childish wonder on [my] smiling face." I can't help it, flying a kit makes me feel like a little kid with nothing more important to do than keep the kite out of the kite-eating tree. Not so successful. Well, at least it didn't get eaten, and is now safely ensconced in my trunk.



HE IS RISEN!

Comments

  1. Looks like you had a fun weekend... I love reading these blogs... don't stop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened upon your blog through a series of events. Love your posts, they are really cool, and have inspired me to do the thirty day thing with one of my friends. Its weird because even though you are a total stranger I feel like we have a lot in common. :) One small reason; I love to fly kites too! Come over and read my blog anytime. I signed up to follow yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. easter is the best! your post definitely gave me chills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeremy always wants to fly kites when we're outside and it's windy :P we need to get one and keep it in the trunk too :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to claim with pride that that was MY preschooler who came up with a face full of blood. He said a girl hit him in the face with a toy house. Ouch. And yet, he is a boy, and the only thing that is important to him now is that he can tell the story over and over again to get lots of sympathy from the ladies. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan