not homework.

Arrrrrgh it's that point in the semester again. The point where all those big projects are almost due, but not quite due, so motivation to get them done ahead of schedule is at a minimum. I work best months ahead of time or under the strenuous pressure of, "oh crap it's due tomorrow." However, I know that I like to savor my weekend days by lounging and munching and napping, not typing up projects, and so here I sit...

...clearly not making headway. Instead, I shall say that if you are in Tucson, or have the means to conveniently get to Tucson, you should go see UofA's production of "The Secret Garden." I drove down yesterday to see the understudy performance, and wow. If the understudies are all that good, the actual cast (overstudies?) must be great. I will staunchly defend my opinion that it probably can't be as good without Ryan as Archibald Craven, but I may or may not be a little bit biased. I had tears in my eyes for about half the show, it was so lovely. And about 30 seconds ago I finished downloading the soundtrack, having fallen quite in love with it. And it was so wonderful to get to see Ryan again for a bit. It's rare that I find a friend whose brain works so exactly like mine. We are a force to be reckoned with in Taboo, let me tell you. Worth the long drive all alone across the very, very empty desert.

I made a pie! Well, I made two pies, because my first pie EXPLODED in the oven. I won't tell you why, because then I will feel like an idiot all over again. Needless to say, I did something silly. I came back into the kitchen, and thought I heard either water running or something sizzling. As I knew there was no laundry, the thought crossed my mind that pie shouldn't sizzle and I timidly opened the oven to see a molten orange mess dripping everywhere. In a panic, I turned off the oven and called for help, not sure how to go about getting the pan out of the oven, covered as it was in the entire inhalt of my pie. There was a lovely smell of burning pumpkin and sugar pervading the kitchen as smoke roiled from the mess baking itself onto every surface of the oven it could reach. Thanks to my wonderful mother, we managed to get most of it cleaned up, and since pie crusts come in packs of two (yes, I cheated this time), I had fortunately purchased enough stuff to make a second pie. No mistake made, and I was informed moments ago that it was delicious. Success despite disaster!

So yes...sigh. Back to the projects, so that I can potentially enjoy my weekend. Sunday will probably be homework day yet again, however. Alas.

Comments

  1. Three thoughts:
    Mmmmm. Your pies are fantastic.
    I can validate the truthfulness of that statement- you and Ryan really do rock everyone else at Taboo.
    Do your homework now so that this weekend can be full of ubiquitous amazingness :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan