rambles

I don't have a fancy actual topic to write about, but I want to keep the blog alive, so today I will treat you to some of the top floating contents of my mind.

1.  I learned that Yom Kippur is on September 25-26 this year.  For why this is relevant, go listen to this song that has been stuck in my head all week.

2.  As a music teacher, I have a pretty high ambient noise threshold.  However, teaching Pre-K VBS has the ability to surpass that threshold, and for the first time in a long time I found myself driving home without the ipod playing, enjoying the silence.

3.  My 24th birthday is in about two weeks!  It's the day before I take my AEPAs, so I can't do anything too crazy.  In thinking of ways to celebrate, I realized that I've never had a birthday date, so that's what I'm going to wish for on any wish-chances (stars, eyelashes, pennies in fountains, 11:11, dandelions, etc) between now and then.  My birthday's even on a Friday this year, it'd be ideal!  (oh seething throngs of men lining up for me, this is your chance! ha.)

4.  Shoot...the AEPAs are in just two weeks, too.  I should study some more of my old and obscure music history details.  And theory.  And random laws and court cases related to bilingual education.

5.  I occasionally regret the years of my life I wasted not liking tomato sandwiches.  They are a summer delight!

6.  I've been searching for a good arm workout recently, and this morning found I had unconsciously discovered it - teaching pre-school again!  Carrying 4-year-olds around all day will do wonders for you.  (As will squatting to talk to them on eye-level and chasing after them down hallways and up stairs.)

7.  I really, really, really LOVE working with preschoolers.

8.  I also love having time for naps after working with preschoolers.

9.  I need another thought to get me up to 10 because I'm a little OCD like that.  I seem to have this problem frequently.

10.  Chocolate satin pie = love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan