not a lazy bum!

Productivity is such a wonderful thing!

Lately, I've been in the terrible summer habit of stay out (or just up on facebook) until 2 am or later, sleep in till 9, don't get out of bed until 11, get up and do something trivial, then sit around with a book, or more facebook, or my ipad, or just kind of lazing in bed until work. Then I come home and do more of that nothing. Eventually, I feel so bleh from wasting time that I kind of mope around and can't even sleep, because I exerted basically no energy all day. When people ask what I'm doing this summer, I say, 'being a lazy bum.'

Today, I changed that. I went to breakfast with Ashley, delicious oatmeal and a matcha from Jamba. :) I came home and vacuumed the living room and watered plants and cleaned the bathroom. I vacuumed and dusted my room, cleaned off a bookshelf and put it in, filled it up, organized my desk and books and movies, threw a bunch of stuff away, took out several trashes, wrote a couple pages for a scholarship, went to learn how to feed a menagerie I'll be housesitting, went to the UPS store and mailed things, went to work, went to the bank, and here I sit blogging.

That's a lot! I even made plans for tomorrow to be productive - only better cause it'll be with a friend. And I feel SO MUCH BETTER because I got off my rump and did stuff.

I'm pretty much making this face. If you don't get the reference, go read this. It's applicable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan