more reasons I love summer

Have I mentioned enough that I really love summer? The school year so often seems nothing but on-the-go, and while my summer has certainly been very busy, it's all a fun kind of busy. It's filled with hours and hours of things I want to do, rather than things I have to do.

Friday I got to hang out with some old friends from SWC. None of us are there anymore, and life has taken us each in different directions. We're scattered about as far across the valley as you can get from one another, two of the four of us are married, and Brooke's even a mommy! We got to play with baby Tyler, who is just an adorable chunk of a cutie. We hung out and caught up on each others' lives, and as always, played some MadLibs. Brooke bought her husband a Kinect for father's day, so we played with that, as well. Hilarity ensued, as we are (meaning I am) largely uncoordinated and look silly when boxing with the air.

(click to see the picture larger)
Steph, Brooke, me & Tyler - pass the baby!


Yesterday, I taught a grand total of 3 lessons at work, a big change from my normal day of 10-4:30 or so with no breaks! Yay for holiday weekends... Mom and Dad took me out to dinner at Cheesecake Factory for my birthday, which was delicious and I feel like I'm still full from that. But an even cooler surprise came before! We were there pretty early, so we were walking around the Biltmore, looking in all the stores full of things we can't afford. We walked into the Apple store, cause I keep drooling over the iPad and thinking about how convenient it would be to have one (for school, of course).

As I was standing there admiring, I heard someone say, "Hi Laura!" Turning, I did not recognize the speaker, so I said hi, racking my brain as to where I would know her from that she knew my name. Then she said, "I just wanted to say, happy birthday, and would you like your iPad in black or white?" And mom was there, sneaky as she is, smiling at me - what?! I get an iPad for my birthday?? How COOL! I have the awesomest parents ever. :D :D :D It was quite the surprise! They didn't have any in store in black, so we decided to order online since you can get them engraved that way. I now eagerly await a package in the mail so I can start playing with my new tool toy.

After dinner, I went out to ASU for another Transappleism (the name of our game nights...long story). Apples to Apples, Taboo, round the world ping pong, playing the piano, and truth or dare. Fun time with great friends. I was once again out in the east valley till 3am, this time because I just couldn't stop talking. I love the kind of effortless conversation where you talk and talk and don't realize that hours have passed already. It makes for the best kind of friendship. :)

So yeah, little moment of summer that I love. Looking forward to a July Fourth Fabulation tomorrow - happy early Independence Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan