busy bee

I've been back in the USA for a whole week now, and what a week it has been!

Jet-lag coming west isn't too bad, and the wide-awake-at-7-am thing launched me into a good schedule for school. I hit the ground running, as it were, and it has been a wonderful and busy week.

Friday, I got to go see Shantel's horse show, even if I didn't get to see her ride. I still got to get out in the sunshine (walking around with no jacket? incroyable!) That night, I got to celebrate my cousin Hunter's wedding to his beautiful bride Andrea.

Saturday I was back to work, and oh how I have missed it! I really am fortunate to love my job so much, and it was nice to be back. After work I headed over to a choir party, and saw a bunch of my friends. I have MISSED them so much! Germany was wonderful, but no where in the world is good enough that I'd want to leave them behind for a long time. My heart was full and happy to be among such excellent and admirable folk.

After the party, we headed down to Matt's house, as he hosted a murder mystery dinner. It was so incredibly entertaining! He did a wonderful job on a three-course meal that included a pot roast and a delicious pear and pomegranate dessert. We all dressed up as our characters in this 1925 whodunit. (I think it's marvelous that there's no spell-check squiggle under that word.) As it turned out, we all had a part in the dastardly deed, but it was a hoot to read through all the different clues and figure out who was plotting with who to do what.

Sunday we got to go give Abby and Micah their Christmas gifts, and then I took off to go see ZooLights with Rebekah. It was great to spend so much time catching up, seeing the lights and walking through the giftshop and getting frozen yogurt. I love that girl a lot.

Monday was my first day of my last semester of classes! I've got a pretty good schedule this semester, and classes I'm already loving, so it should be fun. Annnnnnnnnnd I'm gonna do a recital! Keep an eye out for a date, coming up soon once it's all officialized. And then save that date so you can come here me (and Brittany) sing!

Today is my lovely day of freedom (that will all too soon be dedicated to concerts and lots of homework), and I woke up early to go hiking with my twin. We conquered Thunderbird (not such a challenge) and ate some Chipotle to celebrate. I also won a free ticket to Jester'Z tonight, which is seven kinds of excellent. Before that, we're having a praise & worship night, and I took a nap today, so there's really not much that could make things better right now.

I do so love my life. <3

Comments

  1. i love it! good to be back and it looks like you guys have so much fun! i've always wanted to do a murder mystery dinner! also.. i love that we're having a recital! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan