the end is near

I really, really dislike packing. If you haven’t been around my blog during travel before, this will show you just how much I hate it. Sigh.

I think I actually did pretty well this time. I’m blogging after I packed, rather than during, which is an improvement. The only breaks I took were running stuff downstairs as I came across it in my room and going down again to check in for my flight. Not setting any records, but it took me less than 6 hours, so I say that’s pretty good. My carry-on is very heavy, and my suitcase is currently underweight, but we’ll see how long that lasts. I hate having to bounce things between both bags to try and even it out and make sure everything fits in the restrictions. Also – gummi bears are heavy!!

So, my time here draws to a close. I finished the four videos yesterday and got them on DVD, and have started the interminable process of uploading them to youtube. Tonight is the last ministry night I will get to see. Yesterday, Debbie took me out so I could eat döner for lunch. So yummy! I try all the different Turkish and Greek places I come across in the States, hoping for something similar, and while they get close, there's just nothing quite the same. It was delicious.

On Monday, a group of us went to Trier for sight seeing and/or shopping. Cari and I had fun walking around H&M, Karstadt, Galleria Kaufhof, and the Body Shop. I got the last of the chocolates and gummis that I need to bring home, and we also enjoyed some deeeelicious ice cream. It just doesn't come that fun at home!

It's been a good trip. Not as much snow as could have been hoped for, but at least I got some, and got to take pictures. I got to go on trips, I got to sleep in, I got to spend time with Brad and Debbie, make new friends, visit with old friends, and fulfill my contract. :) I got to wear scarves and gloves and hats and boots and jackets and coats and not feel silly. I got to speak German a bit, to walk on cobblestone streets and see lovely cathedrals and eat spaghetti eis. I went to a bakery and got käsebrötchen, and ate them with Bresso. I got to eat my favorite little stuffed peppers. I saw soldiers come home from war, and friends' new babies. Es hat viel Spaß gemacht. :)

Tomorrow morning, we leave dark and early - 5:30 am. After about 25 hours of travel time, I will arrive home in the desert! Excited to come back home, see family and friends and a certain kitten, to go back to work and to start my last semester of actual classes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan