Cheddar Beer Bread

I keep having the thought that I want to write a cookbook. More specifically, I want to write "The Alcoholic Cookbook - for People Who Don't Drink." It's one of a long list (included is also a College Student's Cookbook, which is something along the lines of cooking with only a microwave and hot plate and not using any ramen. Maybe I should combine them. But I digress). Anyways. I'm a huge fan of using alcohol is cooking, and this recipe is one of the biggest hits - and suuuuuper easy.

Just look - you can see the steam rising from it, fresh from the oven.

Ingredients
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt (a little more if you use sea salt)
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese (finely grated)
  • 1 bottle (12 0z) beer (I used a Corona...ehhh)
  • 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) melted butter
Instructions

Preheat your oven to 350° and grease a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan.

Mix your flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.

Add the beer and cheese. (My cheese was not very finely shredded, so I chopped it up first.)
Mix together with a wooden spoon until just mixed - don't over do it.

Pour half the melty butter in the bottom of your pan.

Spoon in the dough. My loaf looks really rough cause I didn't smooth out the top at all, I left it lumpy and 'rustic.'

Pour the rest of the butter over the top.

Bake at
350° for about 50-60 minutes, until the top gets all golden and you can no longer resist the tantalizing aromas.

It's easiest to cut after it cools off a little. We ate it with green chile tomatillo salsa on it, which was amazing, but it's good with just butter, too. I'm going to experiment with adding something else tomorrow to give it a little more flavor, but it was deeeelicious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan