duck duck panther

Fridays are the best.

I went hiking this morning with Jenny, which means I've hiked at least once every week since school started. I'm determined to keep this up! After the hike, I headed over to school, where I helped a friend out with a very random video that I mostly didn't understand, but all I had to do was film, so it was okay.

After all that, it was time for the Schola picnic, a time for us choir kids to get to know the new people and eat a lot of desserts. There were plenty of sweets - cookies, nutella and graham crackers, enormous-wonderful-gooey-perfect brownies, brownie/cookie hybrids, and awesome rainbow cupcakes that reminded me a lot of Bex's 19th birthday gift.

Problems arose in that more than half the people who signed up to bring stuff weren't there, so we had guacamole and salsa but no chips, and most entertainingly, water and juice but no cups. We became creative in our usage of plates as drinking implements.

We devoured much sugar, and then used our energies up in playing the never ending game of "never have I ever," duck duck goose, ninja!, and zombie tag. These games get a little more intense when the children playing are super fast and not afraid to hurl themselves at you.

Sometimes, nothing is better than to be a group of big kids running around like mad, barefoot in the grass in the sunshine. It was a gorgeous afternoon, and a good time with lots of cool people.
When I came home, my wonderful mother and I went out for manicures and pedicures, and now I have super cute toes! It was much needed, and a nice, relaxing mother-daughter time. We went out to dinner with my Dad after, and now Elisabeth is home. Tomorrow's going to be packed full of adventure, and Sunday is el super bowl, the one day I care about football because it comes with Strawns and snacks! The weekend is off to a good start.

Tschau, loves!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan