double holiday!

Happy 100th Birthday to Arizona! I do love my state, and its sunny lovely weather, where rain is something to be eagerly anticipated and haboobs happen.

And a Happy Valentine's to all! I really like Valentine's Day, even when single. What's not to love about pink and red hearts and lace and flowers and sappy stuff? It's fun to watch other people creatively love other people. I used markers this morning, which made me happy. I got some valentine cards and yucky Necco sweethearts from some students. I ate a pink cupcake my sister made, and got a card from my parents (which was randomly in spanish). There are pink and white cookies of love calling my name from the kitchen table - I'll probably eat one for breakfast.

After work, I went out with Matt and Chris to possibly the most un-Valentiney movie ever. Today was a very bad day to forget my jacket, and so when I got to the theatre and found out the boys were still a ways away, I walked over to the fireplace. I felt bad for encroaching upon a couple seated nearby, but I needed the warmth, and they didn't seem to mind. 20 minutes later, Chris finally came up as Matt was parking. He said the couple gave him quite the death stare, as if to say he was the worst Valentine's date ever for leaving me in the cold alone so long. He did share his jacket with me later, though, like a true gentleman. Anyhoo, we saw Chronicle, which was not what any of us were expecting. It probably could have been a pretty great movie if...well, if a lot of things. It had potential, I'll give it that. And it was free, so that helps. I ate myself sick on over-buttered movie popcorn, so we went out for soup and salad at TGIFridays and enjoyed one anothers' company, talking about houses and roommates and shooting straw wrappers at each other.

A good double-holiday. Hope yours was delightful and full of sugary goodness! Please enjoy one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite love stories ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan