such a beastly month as February

The best way to celebrate Leap Day is to remember Gilbert and Sullivan's lovely bit of recit:

"For some ridiculous reason, to which, however, I've no desire to be disloyal, some person in authority; I don't know who, very likely the Astronomer Royal, has decided that, although for such a beastly month as February, 28 days as a rule are plenty, one year in every four his days shall be reckoned as nine and twenty. Through some singular coincidence, I shouldn't be surprised if it were owing to the agency of an ill-natured fairy, you are the victim of this clumsy arrangement, having been born in leap year on the 29th of February. And so by a simple arithmetical process, you'll easily discover that though you've lived 21 years, yet if we go by birthdays you're only 5 and a little bit over."



Anyways, as another way to celebrate, Rebekah and I are kicking off a new blogging challenge! (tomorrow!) It's been almost a year since the last one, which was a 30-day challenge. This one is a little shorter, only 26 days - it's an Alphabetical Challenge! We both felt our blogging habits needed a new kick-start, but all the pre-fabricated challenges out there in the interwebz were repetitive of last time and kinda lame and had no rhyme or reason to them, so we designed our own.

The Rules:
Each post must start with the successive letter of the alphabet.
Posts must be made daily.
Questions come from a list we whittled out of the hundreds of ideas on other peoples' blogs. There is not a specific question for each day, so each blogger is allowed to choose her prompt for the day.

That's really all there is to it. I'm looking forward to making myself write more, and prompts are helpful. We'll see what comes out of it! And of course, feedback is always welcomed, as it makes us want to keep writing.

A - Amazima
B - Bibliophiles are Barely Ever Bored
C - CDO is what it should be, really
D - Dazzling Dates
E - Every Single Time
F - Favoritism is Fickle
G - Git er done
H - Habits are hard to heal
I - If you would win my heart
J - Job? Job...job?
K - kiss me goodbye
L - Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds
M - Mmm...meals of morbidity
N - Nothing Nicer
O - Opulent Daydreams
P - Pick-me-up
Q - Quintessential Quirks
R - Religion
S - Spring Training!
T - Totalitarian Tyranny! Torture! Terror!
U - Unacceptable
V - variegated variations
W - What a Life I Have Lived (am living!)
X - X
Y - You wouldn't believe
Z - Ze Ende

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan