artsy craftsy

I feel like my eyes cannot focus on anything further than 4 inches from my face.

I have a very long plane ride coming up, and I get notoriously cramped and bored and ear-achy and can't sleep on them, and I have never had a transatlantic flight on which my personal seat-back tv worked. Thus, I am constantly in search of things to occupy my time - and especially this time as I have two layovers.

I bought the Hunger Games trilogy and have not taken the plastic wrap off it yet, hoping that that will provide hours of eager page-turning excitement. Last night, I was also given a knitting loom and tool, and taught how to make a tube-scarf by the amazing SBT. I went to Michael's today to buy some yarn, and barely managed to come out with only one skein. I see all the pretty colors and I decide that I am suddenly super knitter! I will make complex patterns in fancy styles for everyone I know! I will make 8 scarves this week! I will be speedy and proficient! I will...probably give up half-way through. NO! I'm determined. I'll make one. Then come back if I want to do it again.

So, I am making a lovely mossy-green scarf right now, and hopefully will finish it with some rapidity so I can go buy even prettier yarn for the flight. I've spent many hours now sitting with Dad and watching White Collar. Or rather, I'm listening to old episodes of White Collar (Dad's trying to catch up to me) while knitting this scarf. I'm proud of myself for the progress I've made, considering yarn-based projects to this point have proved nothing but that I can crochet a very long chain. But I needed to do something else with my fingers and let my poor eyes find a slightly further focal point, so I hope you enjoyed this little blurb.


4 days till Germany!

Comments

  1. One of the girls at Rosie's House was using one of those doodads the other night, I am intrigued and fascinated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan