Day 2: Meaning of My Blog Name

Today was a good day! Much better than yesterday. I must say, though, I look forward to the far-off Someday when I don't find myself eating dinner at 10 o'clock at night. On to the challenge! (This is a good procrastination break from studying for the ear training/dictation test, theory test, and music history test I have coming up Thursday/Friday.)



Well, this is my second blog. The last one (Across the Atlantic/German Faery Tales) was easy to name, because it was fairly self-explanatory. However, once I was home 'for good,' it felt odd continuing to write on that blog, so I decided I needed a new one. Not having a clue what exactly I'd be writing about, I decided that A Little Rambling just about summed it up. As for the tagline, 'homemade, homegrown, and homeward bound," that has a little more explanation.

Homemade: Confession time: I admit, I kind of want to be a mommy-blogger. Living in the military community, I was surrounded by young moms with lots of kids, always crafty and cooking and artsy and homeschooling and blogging. It's a community I'm not really part of, being a single non-parent, but the idea of it is kind of a sunbeam I chase. I'm a fairly crafty, cooking, baking kind of person, so I thought that might work it's way in here. So far it hasn't, but who's to say it will remain thus?

Homegrown: Again with the homespun, crafty, DIY idea. However, this one also has roots in the fact that I love my country and am proud to be American. I'm fond of the phrase, "If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them." As much as I love traveling and living in Europe, I am an American - and an Arizonan - at heart.

Homeward bound: Well, it was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Actually, that thought just occurred to me now and has nothing to do with where it came from. Largely, I needed to continue my alliteration. However, it comes from the fact that I try to live my life worthy of the calling of Jesus Christ, with whom I will spend eternity in heaven. "Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:13-14)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan