Day 5: A Song to Match My Mood

It's Friday! My tests are over!

The benefit of having Friday tests in two classes is not having weekend homework in either of those classes. :)

Also, this sugar thing is apparently a problem. Let me show you what I've eaten today...

Started off with my favorite morning drink - raspberry/pomegranate juice mixed with soymilk.
Then there was Einstein's with Rebekah, at which I had a cheese bagel and shared this delicious strawberry white chocolate muffin.When I came home, my sister decided to bake cupcakes - for reasons unknown. After she was done, she insisted I try one, so I did.
It was fabulous. However, she made two different kinds, so she insisted that I try another. I tried to refuse, but she won me over in the end, and I ate half of the other kind.
Tonight, I went to a voice recital, and there were cupcakes after. I was going to resist, having eaten almost nothing but sugar all day, but they sparkled. As previously discussed, I just can't resist glittering cupcakes. So I ate another.
I think it's safe to say this qualifies as an addiction...


On to the purpose of the blog. A song to match my mood...well, I am kind of moodless. Is that possible? I suppose I was in a rather happy, energetic mood after finishing my tests. There's a question - "Does my mood determine the song stuck in my head, or does the song stuck in my head determine my mood?" Today I've been trending towards matching the mood of the song. So I have two to share with you.

The first goes with my happy yay-it's-the-weekend-I-love-life mood, and the energy of it goes with the motivation I've had to clean my house a lot today. Also, it has my middle name in the title, and I do so love my middle name. Even if they spell it wrong. (oh, make sure you stop the music player on the side of the blog before you watch these, else it's quite distracting.)



The second is a song I heard at the recital tonight and just adore. It's a lullaby, which is good cause it's almost bedtime, but it's beautiful and haunting beyond that. Oh, Aaron Copland, the things you do to me!


hmmm...Shall We Gather at the River is included...but it's not part of my post. Still, it's Copland, so it's lovely. But not as lovely as The Little Horses.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan