Day 9: A Favorite Picture of My Best Friend

I don't know that I can pick one picture to be my favorite, so we'll share several here. :)

First, this is Larissa - and this picture sums her up in SO many ways.
(Sorry to whoever took it, I just stole it from FB)
Larissa is one of the most exciting people I know - never a dull moment. Even when she naps all the time, anywhere, at a moment's notice. She is wild and fun and full of life and love and energy. She's also passionate about music and using it to serve her Creator.

I suppose this picture could be a close call for a favorite - the look of mischief on her face is just too classic. I have so many memories of camping with her, from babyhood onward. It's one of the things I miss most in life!


We've known each other since birth and have had great fun growing up to be bestest best friends - generally known as twins. We are 11 months apart to the day, and even though I'm older, I somehow ended up as Twin #2. I'm also shorter! (and shorter than both of our younger siblings, as well. Guess I'm just short!)









I got to see her for 10 days over Christmas/New Year's while I was in Germany. One of the hardest things I have ever done was to say goodbye to her to go back to the Pulsforts. When I first got to the Festaburg and saw her, it was a classic tearful, leaping, hugging, squealing reunion - I missed her SO much! The night before we left, we watched Quest for Camelot and sang and danced along. Some pretty funny video footage came out of that night, if you're ever interested in blackmail.

Speaking of blackmail...






















We love playing dress up. Have for a long, long time, as you can see. As grown ups, we still play - whether in mall dressing rooms or for banquets. My best friend is beautiful, and I love the chance to show her off!


All in all, I love my twin beyond words. She has been there for me as long as I can remember. Any moment, no matter what, I know I can call her up and count on her love and friendship and support. She knows me like no one else knows me. My life would be desolate without her. She is one of the most precious gifts God has ever given me, and I am so thankful for her in my life!

Comments

  1. Best friends are one of life's greatest gifts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i love best friends. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww!!! This just made my day Twin!!! I love you sooo much and am so blessed to have you as my best friend since birth until death!!! Words can't describe how amazing you are!!! :)
    Thanks so much for sharing this!!!
    <3 always,
    Twin #1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan