community

I should be in bed...I'm drooping with exhaustion.

But I just have to say how happy I am!

Today was long - class from 9:40-7:30. It's miserably hot outside. I made several treks back and forth across campus. My last class had little to no air conditioning, and very dull subject matter. I dripped sweat and was probably pretty stinky by day's end. I was hungry and dehydrated and now I'm here barely keeping my eyes open.

BUT that doesn't matter.

I spent the day with some of the best people I know.

I got to enjoy time in God's Word with awesome people, people who are willing to take a chunk out of their Monday and spend time praying together and start their week focusing on God.

I got to sing through some lovely music in what promises to be an amazing choir.

I was lifted off my feet and spun around in a hug.

I played four square with strangers.

I had friends in all my classes.

I talked to cute boys and made closer girl-friends.

I laughed, and people laughed at with me.

I walked around campus with Jessica singing songs without words - in harmony - while people looked at us askance.

My evening was brightened by a couple sweet comments from friends.

Someone stuck my windshield wipers up in the air, though I don't know who. I found it quite amusing.

I spent my day with wonderful people I love, and who reminded me in various ways that they love me. Life is community, and mine is a wonderful one.

I love you all!





stuck in my head: Moondance

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan