for the love of play

I know I have mentioned before that one of my biggest fears is that I will stop playing.

Sounds silly, perhaps, but I really love to play.

I think that's why I so deeply enjoy time I get to spend with my friends this summer. Yes, half the time we watch movies, but we also play. Monday night, we were all in the pool, and there were all kinds of games being played, both real and made up. And then playing sardines in the dark, stuffing ourselves into pantries and under tables and squealing at sounds in the pitch-black storeroom in the basement. And the tskaa! game - couldn't be sillier.

Simple things, childish things, but they make my heart happy.

Comments

  1. so cute! i totally know what you mean. when we were in the pool the other day, we decided to play mermaids as if we were 8 year olds again. it was so silly and i know everyone was joking, but i was so glad that everyone could at least be silly and not "too good" for it! love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan