I love summer!

Oh how I love summer vacation! The freedom to lounge around and soak up sunshine without a care in the world but not frying and not being late for a barbecue. It doesn't get better, does it?

I've had such a fun week! I went to Big Surf with Jessica and lounged around in the wave pool and on the slides during the hours when very few people venture out to a water park. Delightful!

I saw Marc and Mohamed perform in "The Music Man" at the MAC, which was way better than I was expecting. Afterward, we enjoyed deeeeelicious food at Old Chicago, along with copious amounts of laughter, as usual, and one particularly awkward moment. My bad.

I took my first piano lesson in 7 years, and my first jazz lesson ever. I have a healthy new respect for my adult students now! But it was great fun, and I'm excited to continue.

I had a girls night involving a ton of scrumptious junk food and lots of really bad 80's movies, redeemed by finishing the night with Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. <3

Yesterday, I bummed around at the hotel my mom was working at, enjoying lounging at the resort and pretending I was wealthy enough to be an actual patron. The fancy pools, the spacious rooms, the deep tub and enormous glass shower, the fluffy towels on the lounge chairs, the idea of being served a tall, cool, fruity drink as I read my book (idea only, I don't even want to guess the price!)...sigh. It was delicious.
I got a slightly uneven burn, but it's already turning to tan. I got a couple solid hours of reading done, enjoying the quiet and the view of Camelback Mtn and just generally being lazy in a fancy place. It's a truly beautiful hotel - it has become a contender for my honeymoon weekend (more about that some other time as it's soooo far in the future. Sigh).
I do wish I could have spent a little longer there!
After lounging, it was off to Bex's house for some pork BBQ, ping pong, more silliness, and a Les Mis singalong. I love my friends! And I love summer for affording me the opportunity for an active social life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan