lassitude

That's what summer brings with it. The glorious freedom to be a lazy bum. And I have definitely been indulging in some laziness.

Sleeping in to wake up without an alarm clock.
Naps in the middle of the day and evening.
Picnics in my backyard.
Game nights with friends.
Hours on end of reading in silence.
Too much facebook.
Movies.
Skype.
More naps.
Ice cream.
Yogurtini.

Which reminds me! I went and saw Thor again last night with J.D. and Chantel, and it was better the second time for sure. I'm pretty sure I even caught a couple Wagnerian undercurrents à la "Ride of the Valkyries" in the first battle scene between the Asgardians and the Jötunns. Music major nerdy moment! But anyways. After the movie, we went on a search for frozen yogurt. That word is really hard to spell in English for me, because my brain likes the German "Joghurt" better. So Chantel and I decided we could open our own frozen yogurt place called "Jötunheimr Joghurt." It would be the most epic frozen joghurt place ever. There would be a rainbow path coming into the store and to the line (Bifröst) and the largest size you could order would be called the Frost Giant. It would be pretty awesome.

Anyways. I am anxiously awaiting tomorrow afternoon, when my friend John comes to spend the last few days of his leave from Afghanistan here in Phoenix. SUPER excited. I love friends visiting! So many of my friends are scattered around the world, and it's nice to get to actually interact instead of just facebook and letters and skype. I'm sure the blog will be inundated with details of the trip soon enough. :) That's where more of the lassitude comes in though - I didn't get out of bed till 11:26 (!!) today because my body seems to have a theory that the fewer waking hours I have, the faster time actually goes. Which maybe almost makes sense. But I feel like a bum. An excited bum!

Ciao bellas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan