On Mother's Day

Well, technically, Mother's Day is over, as it is 12:23 as I sit here.

But I have to say how wonderful my mother is, not least because she stayed up this late quizzing me on the terrible drop-the-needle exam looming over my head for tomorrow morning.

There are some composers to whom I'd just really like to give a piece of my mind. And hope they choke on it.

Anyways, back to my wonderful mother. She is so supportive, I don't know how I'd get through without her sometimes. Her mom died when she was 17, and I remember turning 17 and fearing I might lose her similarly, and I am ever so thankful that God has continued to bless me with her in my life. She is a wonderful listener, a great hair-dyer, a laundry fairy, and she does all those thankless little (and very big) things that I tend to not realize and certainly don't thank her enough for. She is encouraging, and loves me even when I ignore her advice. She's usually right (you'd think I'd learn). She is always there to help in any way she can, and I hate that I so often take that for granted. Grown up as I may be, I'd be so lost without her.

On a side note, please pray for me tomorrow! Music history torture hour final exam in the morning, and then I have to tape myself teaching college-students-acting-like-high-schoolers for a music ed project that's due Tuesday. Majorly stressed out. Waaaaaay stressed out.

Back to the main topic, though:

Mommy, I love you lots!

Comments

  1. Excellent use of the word 'whom'. I bet you get that from your mother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan