CDO is what it should be, really

Or maybe I just have a compulsive disorder obsession. Except my OCD extends more into correctness than alphabetical order, so I like the original acronym just fine.

I am not really OCD, except when it comes to planning. This can be both good and bad. The good side is, I tend not to forget details and things are nicely planned and everyone has fun. The bad is twofold: one, if plans derail, I tend to stress; two, I end up getting landed with a lot more planning. Since I enjoy it, it's not all that bad, but it is nice to sometimes get to do something I didn't work out all the details of.

But I really get picky about details when I'm having people over or planning an event. I want to know times and numbers and prices and details and have the answer to all the questions before people even come up with the questions. I love punctuality, and being late stresses me out. I like things neat and packaged and ready to go.

Sometimes, this kills the idea of spontaneity, but I can usually sublimate the stress and flow with new ideas. I'm working on it, and really enjoy nights where there is no set list of activities and things can develop naturally. But I also rather thrive on being the one whose phone explodes with texts and I get to coordinate everything around the city. It's a fun little balancing act.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan