Ze Ende

The best thing that happened to me this week stemmed from the worst thing that happened this week. It's been a pretty rotten week. (It has had its high points - put an offer on a house at last!!)

But mostly, it's been a week of pain and tears and worry. There's been a little ice cream eating, a lot of hot tea drinking, and a lot of feeling like I have a weight lodged in my middle that constricts my breath and keeps me from ever being really hungry. There's been a lot of prayers, several bouts of piano therapy, and many more hours of prayers. There's been letter writing, and curling up in my car surrounded by music. There's been sleeplessness and exhaustion. There's been an unshakeable feeling of anxiety.

But there's been wonder, too. There's been a constant reminder of God's goodness and provision and faithfulness. There's been a strengthening of my dependence upon Him. There've been fresh reminders of His love and forgiveness, and many of the tears come from the joy that He should love such a one as me.

"Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you." (Psalm 86:4-5)

"Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me out of my distresses. Consider my affliction and my trouble, and forgive all my sins." (Psalm 25:16-18, and all the rest of Psalm 25)

I am so thankful for friends who drop everything when you need them and come running. I am so blessed in my friendships, and am not sure what I would have done without them this week, especially Chantel (Jessica and Wendy get extra thanks, as well). They have been marvelous, sitting with me, talking with me, praying with me, listening to me, feeding me, and holding me as I cry.

God is good in all things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan