Favoritism is Fickle

According to one of my voice students, everything is my favorite. She's right. I have lots of favorites, to the point that the word probably begins to lose meaning. And yet, I continue to use it, and each time I mean it with every gushing fiber of my joyous being. Sometimes they are my favorites for a long time, sometimes they change. Sometimes I have too many favorites, but then again, I'm not sure that's possible. Fortunately for you, the prompt limits me to only 20 favorites today. That's DIFFICULT!

Laura's Favorite Things (limited to 20, and in no particular order)

1. That moment when, while singing with a choir, you can feel the throbbing of the music in your chest and it threatens to overwhelm you and carry you along on a wave of sound.

2. A whole bag of flavored potato chips to myself.

3. Holding hands.

4. Snail mail.

5. Pre-schoolers (and other small children).

6. When a student really learns something difficult, and I got to help with the process.

7. Really understanding and living and feeling Psalm 42:1, "As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for You, O God."

8. Chips and salsa and guacamole.

9. Salad! Especially Caesar salad. But lots of salads.

10. Piano therapy time.

11. Having people over, especially if I get to feed them.

12. Looking up at the midnight sky and seeing a swath of bright, glorious stars. Especially in companionable silence.

13. The feeling of accomplishment and being alive at the end of a long hike.

14. Being demonstratively loved.

15. Gerbera daisies! And sweet peas. And roses.

16. Kittens! The super rumbly purr they have when they're little, the way they adore you, and the adorably absurd antics they get up to.

17. Laughing so hard I can't breathe.

18. Playing like a little kid with my friends. Trampolines, kites, hide and seek, sliding down stairs on sleeping bags, stuff like that.

19. Talking to my sister until the wee hours of the morning.

20. Pretty pictures. Weddings. Dancing. Sleepovers. No alarm clocks. The perfect drink of water in the middle of the night. Having my hair played with. Buttercream frosting. Life! Blog comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan