You wouldn't believe

...how many times I've listened to this song this week. We all have music that we turn to in different situations, whether we are happy or sad or stressed or upset. When I am anxious or worried, I turn to this song. I'm not sure why - it's not exactly uplifting lyrically. Maybe it's the mellow, sweeping sound that calms me. Maybe because it's in the most comfortable range of my voice. Maybe the open, airy background is just soothing enough that it stills my heart and lets my mind relax. I locked myself in my car for a long time tonight, just listening to this, surrounded by the sound as I poured my thoughts out on paper. It doesn't make anything better, but it calms me and keeps my heart going at a normal rate instead of the pounding race of anxiety.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan