If you would win my heart

double-posting today - I've been too busy enjoying life and friends to post. Friday's prompt: 10 ways to win my heart.

1. Pay attention to me. Ask me questions, remember things, be interested. Read my blog, or look at the pictures I put up of my adorable baby cousins, text me. Little things.

2. Be sympathetic. Don't put up with my whining if it's truly childish, which I admit it sometimes is, but in most cases, I just want someone to listen and understand.

3. Touch me. Hug me, rub my shoulders, put your hand on my arm, let me lean on you.

4. Tell me it will be okay. I stress a lot, and need that reassurance often. Words of affirmation are so important to me.

5. Feed me. Self explanatory.

6. Read to me. Stories, articles, letters, children's books, poems, it doesn't matter.

7. Dance with me. Lead well, laugh gently at my mistakes, hold me close.

8. Pray for me. Pray with me. Over anything and everything, at any time.

9. Spend time with me. We can do homework, play games, walk, go out, watch movies, nap, clean, cook, babysit, or sit in silence reading. Just share each others' world.

10. Protect me. Take care of me, comfort me, hold me, lead me, be strong.




(the title for this post comes from an old favorite song, poem by Jane Griner, music by Daniel E. Gawthrop.)

"If you would comfort me, sing me a lullaby

If you would win my heart, sing me a love song

If you would mourn me and bring me to God, sing me a requiem, sing me to Heaven

Touch in me all love and passion, pain and pleasure

Touch in me grief and comfort, love and passion, pain and pleasure

Sing me a lullaby, a love song, a requiem

Love me, comfort me, bring me to God

Sing me a love song, sing me to Heaven"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan