Day 15: A Bible Verse

Ohhhh it's so late!

We had another massive rehearsal for Belshazzar's Feast, a beast of an atonal choral/symphonic work. And then I got talked in to going out for doughnuts with the boys. I'm working on putting together a group power point for a project due tomorrow and I'm sooooo tired!

Verses. I don't know how to pick! So, as usual, here are several.

One of my recently rediscovered favorites - because it so often applies - is Proverbs 13:12
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life."

Another that I turn to over and over is Phillipians 4:6-9
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."

And I love Hebrews 4:16
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

and Psalm 62:1-2
“My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”

and Romans 4:7-8
"Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered; blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin."

I love the Psalms, I love the Pauline epistles, I love the Bible. For tonight, though, these will have to suffice because I am too exhausted to think any longer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan