Day 11: My Favorite TV Shows

I should be doing homework...but posting the blog before midnight sounds good. I get to sleep in tomorrow again, I'll get the hw done...hopefully...
Hope everyone's having an April Fools not filled with too many minor heart attacks!

To preface this particular post, I don't really watch much tv. I've lived without any channels for several years, and now that I'm back home and we canceled the cable, the only thing I ever actually watch on tv is Castle. For the rest, I use hulu or dvd, and even that's not often. Life is too busy - and too full of good books - to waste it in front of a television (or laptop).

That being said, I really do like these shows a lot!
In no particular order, my favorites are...

















Pushing Daisies

This is a charming, quirky, delightful show - a forensic fairy tale, if you will. I am totally in love with the Pie Maker. Also, any show that allows Kristen Chenoweth to burst into song is fine by me. I sure wish they hadn't canceled after only two seasons. :( If you haven't seen it, we should totally have a Pushing Daisies marathon night sometime so you can be charmed.


















Firefly

Speaking of not understanding why shows get canceled so soon...I wish Firefly continued. Serenity is good, but not as good as the show. I want more of these people! Joss Whedon, find a way to bring it back! We had a firefly night last week, and I wore Jayne's hat. If you don't get that, I am as ashamed of you as I am of the boys who came to watch and didn't get it, either. (ahem, Marc, Austin, and J.D....)



















NCIS

I love this show - the characters are so well done, it's really hard not to love it! I have seen every episode through season 6, and very few since then. I never got into NCIS L.A. either, it's just not the same. This show is all about the characters, and without them...what's the point?

















Grey's Anatomy

If there was an order to these, this probably wouldn't be this high. But living with Ashley for so long, it's kind of impossible for me not to get hooked on this show. So I have a lot of good roommate memories centered around the drama of Seattle Grace.

















Reba

I just can't help but watch this show whenever it's on. I used to watch it while cooking dinner at work, and Ashley and I would watch it whenever it was on in our first house. I always laugh, and it's just a sweet show. Also, how can you resist her accent? It's just outrageous sometimes.













Band of Brothers

I've only seen this all the way through three times, maybe four. It's so well done, and powerful. I can make it through almost the whole thing, but there's one part that always makes me cry. The music from it is phenomenal - and if you're reading this, you might be listening to it now! If you're not, go to the playlist on the side and pick Requiem for a Soldier.


















The Pacific

I've only seen this once through - got it for Christmas! - and while I don't think it quite reaches the standards that BoB set, it's still very well done. It's a little more gruesome, and deals with more of the issues under the surface. Also a little more x-rated in parts. (thank you, HBO, that was unnecessary.) Once life calms down a bit - summer? - I'll make Dad watch it through with me.



















Lie to Me
I first started watching this show at work. Now, it's what I watch when I have absolutely nothing else to do. (a very, very rare occurrence) There's always episodes on hulu I've never seen, and I can generally jump back into the flow of the show after a long absence. I liked it better in the beginning, though, Cal is starting to wear on me.

















LOST

Possibly the most frustrating show in the history of television. Especially as I'm only allowed to watch it on DVD with Becky, which often means weeks - if not months - between episodes. We're in the middle of season 6, so there are a ton of questions, but I usually forget them by the time we meet up again, and we have to continually move backward before we can go forward again. I have a definite love/hate relationship with the show.




















Castle

The only show I watch with any regularity - because I usually get home from choir right when it comes on! I only started watching this show because of Nathan Fillion, but I'm well and truly hooked on the whole shebang now. On a side note, I am rather shocked that there are no red squiggly spellcheck lines under shebang. (but there are under "spellcheck")3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reanimation

Day 3: My First Love

My First Menu Plan